Final Up to date
Begin planning your sunny winter getaway, Canada! WestJet will probably be relaunching much more flight routes that had been beforehand suspended over two years in the past.
The Canadian low-cost airline introduced earlier this week that 17 of its solar routes will return simply in time for the winter journey season 2022/2023. We’ve obtained all the main points under.
Restoring These Routes Is ‘One other Constructive Step’ In WestJet’s Flight Community
John Weatherill, WestJet’s Govt Vice-President and CCO, provided his sentiments following this week’s announcement:
“The restart of those routes is one other optimistic step within the restoration our community as we solidify WestJet because the dependable, pleasant and reasonably priced airline we’re recognized to be,” Weatherill mentioned.
“We acknowledge the previous three winters have been disruptive to our friends journey plans and we sit up for reconnecting Canadians to a number of the hotter locations they’ve missed essentially the most,” he added.
New Routes Embrace Fashionable U.S. Locations
Among the many 17 relaunched routes, 8 of them are between Canadian cities and well-liked (sunny) locations simply south of the border, together with Las Vegas and Phoenix.
For Canadian vacationers, the relaunched routes will imply a 60% improve in transborder flights accessible with the airline in comparison with 2021.
Right here’s the record of added flight routes to the U.S.:
- Kelowna-Phoenix: 1x weekly, beginning November 16, 2022.
- Saskatoon-Las Vegas: 2 instances per week, beginning November 10, 2022.
- Saskatoon-Orlando: 1x weekly, beginning December 16, 2022.
- Regina-Las Vegas: 2 instances per week, beginning November 10, 2022.
- Regina-Orlando: 1x weekly, beginning December 16, 2022.
- Vancouver-Orlando: 1x weekly, beginning November 12, 2022.
- Winnipeg-Phoenix: 2 instances per week, beginning October 31, 2022.
- St-John’s-Tampa Bay: 1x weekly, beginning March 19, 2023.
In accordance with WestJet’s web site, the Saskatoon-Orlando route was operated on a really restricted foundation final 12 months in 2021.
Relaunched Flights To Worldwide Winter Solar Locations
From this November, Canadian vacationers on each coasts could have extra choices for sunny getaways with WestJet.
9 relaunched flight routes to winter solar locations together with the Dominican Republic, Belize, Montego Bay, and Cayo Coco will probably be accessible by the tip of 2022.
This new schedule means a forty five% improve of flights to solar and leisure locations from Canada for the airline in comparison with 2021. The primary departure cities are Calgary and Toronto, in addition to Ottawa, Comox, and Regina.
So, whether or not you’re considering of a resort in Cuba or jetting off to Jamaica for a two-week getaway, there’s one thing for you.
Right here’s the record of added flight routes to solar locations on WestJet:
- Calgary-Belize Metropolis: 1x weekly, beginning November 18, 2022.
- Calgary-Nassau: 1x weekly, beginning November 26, 2022.
- Calgary-Varadero: 1x weekly, beginning November 5, 2022.
- Comox-Puerto Vallarta: 1x weekly, beginning November 5, 2022.
- Ottawa-Montego Bay: 2 instances per week, beginning November 12, 2022.
- Regina-Cancun: 3 instances per week, beginning November 13, 2022.
- Toronto-Cayo Coco: 1x weekly, beginning November 5, 2022.
- Toronto-Samana: 1x weekly, beginning December 17, 2022.
- Toronto-Montego Bay: 1x weekly, beginning December 17, 2022.
WestJet Home Routes Ramping Up On The West Coast
On the native entrance, Westjet introduced that it will likely be including a brand new path to its dometic flight schedule early subsequent 12 months. Beginning February 17, 2023, the airline will launch 6x weekly flights between Vancouver and Penticton, BC.
The airline will even be resuming its home flight route between Edmonton, AB and Nanaimo, BC later this 12 months, from October 30, 2022.
Journey Insurance coverage That Covers Covid-19 For 2022
10 Issues Vacationers Have to Know Earlier than Visiting Cartagena, Colombia
France Will Restrict Vacationers At Fashionable Sights To Fight Overtourism
↓ Be part of the neighborhood ↓
The Journey Off Path Group FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your electronic mail tackle to subscribe to Journey Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Present journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The choice to journey is in the end your duty. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to verify your nationality’s entry and/or any adjustments to journey necessities earlier than touring. Journey Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories